Best Engineering Degrees to be pursued: Engineering market has been tight for a while now, while the costs of a college education continue to soar.
Facing this reality, candidates who are planning to get a degree need to be more selective than ever about which path to choose. Candidates should choose best engineering degrees for them.
Here are some of the top engineering courses offered.
Computer Science & Engineering
Computer science & Engineering is one of the best engineering degrees to be pursued, practically a branch of mathematics, or at least was classically seen to be. It encompasses:
- Architecture and systems
- AI (machine learning, robotics, pattern recognition, data mining)
- Computational fields (scientific computing, numerics, graphics/visualization)
- Theory of computation (complexity, crypto, automatons)
- Programming language theory
- Information theory
- Parallel & distributed computing (concurrency, communication/networks, HPC)
- Discrete math
Electrical engineering is one of the best engineering degrees to be pursued, a professional engineering discipline that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
Electrical engineers work in a very wide range of industries and the skills required are likewise variable. These range from basic circuit theory to the management skills required of a project manager. The tools and equipment that an individual engineer may need are similarly variable, ranging from a simple voltmeter to a top end analyzer to sophisticated design and manufacturing software.
Chemical Engineering is one of the best engineering degrees to be pursued. The need for chemical engineers in growing markets such as nanotechnology and alternative energy provide some of the highest paying jobs. Professionals working in this field create products and services that are highly sought after nowadays and that is reflected in their paychecks.
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Plant Design and Construction
- Process Design and Analysis
- Transport phenomena
Top 10 Engineering Degrees with Highest Paying Jobs in 2017 are:
1. Electrical Engineering $62,428
2. Software Engineering $61,466
3. Chemical Engineering $61,125
4. Computer Engineering $61,092
5. Mechanical Engineering $59,610
6. Computer programming $59,163
7. Information security systems $58,798
8. Computer science $57,762
9. Civil Engineering $54,333
10. Construction Engineering $49,577